Ambidextrous work efficiency | What I learned from a baseball boy

2021年12月28日火曜日

essay Helpful info

t f B! P L

The reason why I decided to make it an ambidextrous merit

The reason why professionals are professionals in handling tools

What tools do you use at work?

There are various occupations such as factories, construction sites, offices, outside sales, and vehicles.

Professionals have good tools.

It is a suggestion to master ambidextrous in order to make the best use of the tool.

Drills and screwdrivers for factories and construction sites.

Pens and sticky notes in the office.

Outside sales, tablets for vehicles, etc.

Of course, you shouldn't operate while driving, and you should handle anything that could cause injury, such as scissors or a cutter, with your dominant hand.

Wouldn't it be possible to improve work efficiency if you could do daily work with both hands with safety first?

Speaking of which, young people these days think that when they send a message, they type it in with both hands on their smartphones and it's really fast.

Experience of trying ambidextrous

I used to use an electric screwdriver when I was working at a factory.

The job is to repair recycled products.

For the time being, I put the product on the rotary table, disassemble and assemble it, and replace the parts, but I came to think that it is inefficient to move the product or change the posture every time the screw is attached or detached.

So, I'm right-handed, but now I'm working with the driver in my left hand.

By doing so, I no longer moved the product or changed my posture.

However, since I am not the dominant hand, the movement is awkward at first.

I dropped the screw, and the tip of the screwdriver did not easily fit in the drive part of the screw.

It's a familiarity.

No matter how good an idea or strategy is, the old way may be faster without the skill of the person doing it.

So, when I took this two-handed approach, I also had the feeling of upfront investment.

I didn't expect it to be more efficient.

This is an experimental attempt.

The factory work is teamwork as a whole, but the work itself is individual work, so it is lonely.

However, I am looking forward to thinking and devising my own way of contributing to the company.

Ambidextrous effects and benefits

The result was no dramatic increase in productivity, but it did work in a supplementary sense.

In addition, it can be said that the following three things were obtained as by-products that challenged ambidextrous.

Flexible responsiveness to changes in the environment

Avoiding danger

You can now throw left with a catch ball.

The first flexibility is that the number of things that had only one option up to now has increased to two, which has broadened the horizons of thinking.

It also means that I am no longer too particular about one thing.

To avoid danger the second, I also worked at the construction site, but I have had the experience of not taking an unreasonable posture just by changing from the right hand to the left hand when using the tool.

When I have to go up to the scaffolding and mess with the wiring of the building, I sometimes crouch down and sometimes lie down on the scaffolding.

At that time, I was able to maintain a comfortable posture just by changing to my left hand.

You can switch to your left hand only at that time, but if you do it on a regular basis, you can reduce the risk of slipping your hand.

The third is when I played catch.

My brother was playing volleyball in earnest in club activities, so he had to train both arms.

Therefore, it was decided to use the catch ball specification with the left hand.

I'm a training partner, so I don't need to switch to the left, but I tried playing halfway.

Then I was able to throw it almost normally and strongly.

My brother was surprised to hear that I threw it on the left for the first time.

The last is I don't know what it's useful for, but I'm glad that the anomaly is ambidextrous.

The ambidextrous opportunity

It was the words of a baseball boy who gave me the idea of ​​being able to work with this ambidextrous.

"Professional baseball players can throw and hit even if they are not their dominant hand."

I wondered why I had to do that, but I intuitively thought it was a professional.

Professional baseball players lose their jobs when they can no longer be thrown.

It's important.

So, I wondered if it was necessary to be able to throw with the other arm even if one arm was hurt.

My younger brother, who played volleyball, is actually left-handed, but his daily life is right, and in volleyball he is left.

However, volleyball also has to respond flexibly to the right and left depending on the situation.

I also thought that it was a professional edge and tried to imitate it.

I am grateful for the cool appearance of athletes who are motivated even though their occupations are different.

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ