Easy-to-listen to speech in Japanese learned from Guppy the CoD streamer

2023年4月1日土曜日

Helpful info

t f B! P L

Let's refer not only to the game technique but also to the way of speaking.

For university presentations and business talks

Previously, I found a video of a person who practiced the skills that I picked up in the previous article, "Telephone sales Tips on how to speak | A silver bullet of speaking smoothly", so I would like to introduce it.

Guppy is a former professional esports player who belongs to Rush Gaming.

Guppy 🐡 / Rush Gaming (@AllyGP2) / Twitter

Utilizing his experience as a professional in the world of FPS called Call of Duty, he is currently disseminating information that is useful for technical improvement mainly on YouTube and Twitter as a streamer.

In particular, I think that university students and new graduates are close in age, and since it is a practical technique, I think it will be helpful for people who are not good at speaking in front of people or who need to improve their fluency immediately.

For the time being, I will paste a recent video, so please take a look at it once.

He is affectionately called a teacher by his fans.

The way he speaks and the quality of his voice are both soft and gentle, and I think he is contributing as an entry point for newcomers to the game.

I will try to transcribe some. (I put a space in between)

「Konkaiwa Taitorunimoarutoori Shoshinshamukeno Renshuhowone Mittsugoshokaishitaito Omoimasu」

[Translation]

"This time, as his title suggests, I would like to introduce three training methods for beginners."


There are also voluntary pauses, perhaps in sentences that are not punctuation marks.

This way of speaking is one of the important techniques that can easily improve the listening comprehension in university or company presentations, sales talks, etc.

Speaking skills tend to focus on fluency, but improving fluency requires daily training and time until it bears fruit.

However, if you just take a break, you can expect improvements relatively quickly just by taking notes in the script and being conscious of it, although it is true that you tend to forget when you are nervous.


I will briefly explain the effect of this spacing technique.

1. Even if the fluency is bad, it can cover the ease of listening

It is true that a poorly articulated speech is difficult to understand, but listeners also have some flexibility.

Even if it's hard to hear, it doesn't mean that you can't understand it at all.

It's just a little "Huh?" or "I feel uncomfortable".

However, when the sense of discomfort accumulates, it becomes an impression of "I'm tired", and "uncomfortable".

The listener will lose concentration and the content will not come in.

It's the reason why it overheats.

By putting a pause, it has the effect of keeping the other party's tolerance longer and preventing the concentration from being interrupted.

2. Supplement the listener's comprehension even when speaking rapidly

If you have trouble with your tongue, it is important to speak slowly.

However, it is not the same as saying how fast you can do it as long as you have good fluency.

No matter how clearly you speak, it is meaningless if the listener's comprehension cannot catch up.

Can you listen to it at 2x speed on YouTube and understand the content?

Some people practice that way, but for most people, I think 1.5x is a reasonable speed.

However, by giving an appropriate interval, you can supplement the listener's comprehension, and you can make a persuasive presentation even if you speak quickly.


Ideally, you shouldn't speak too quickly, but unforeseen situations can occur, such as when you're running out of time for a presentation, when your partner runs out of time and you have to make up for it, or when you need a supplementary explanation. .

Pausing is also a technique that allows you to respond flexibly to situations where you have to raise the gear.

3. self-braking

I tend to speak quickly when I'm nervous.

I also speak quickly when talking about my area of expertise.

It's good that the words come out without hesitation because of the knowledge, but it may be overcapacity for the listener.

Also, repeating cliches found in greetings and sales talk can be rapid.

For me, it's a regular thing, but for the customer, it's the first time they've heard the explanation, so if it's too early, it will become mechanical and give the impression that it's not very important.


By being conscious of the pauses, you will be able to speak with consideration for the listener.

4. Be natural and easy to understand when speaking ad-lib.

Occasionally, you may present without a script.

By intentionally not using scripts, it is also an opportunity to gain trust that "this person understands".

However, it is more effective to convey each word carefully, as it should not be repeated, or the content of the talk should be thin.

When speaking, it is important to convey, but it is also necessary to feel the atmosphere of the place, match the pace of the other person, and correct what you need to convey on the spot.

If you are overwhelmed with things to convey, your speech will be neglected, and the quality of your presentation will suffer.

You can use your time more effectively if you take your time.

After that, it is good for people who are confident that they will never give up and will not stop, but when they are stuck in speaking or need time to reconsider and become silent, the listener will say, "I'm thinking now." And the possibility of being seen with warm eyes will also increase.

If a person running at full speed suddenly stops, he can be worried that he stumbled.

But he doesn't get much attention when a person strolling around stop.

By impressing listeners with such a relaxed character, you lower the hurdles for yourself.

Make presentations and sales fun and fulfilling.

Presentations and sales are opportunities to convey the knowledge you have acquired to others and to appeal yourself.

Like a live performance, you get nervous, but it's also a place where you can shine.

What I felt when I watch some of Guppy's streams was that we should not forget to have fun even in competitive games.

Results are required for presentations and sales, and points are given.

It cannot be denied that there is an aspect of a competitive society.

I think that there were points that I felt a little loose in the introduction this time.

However, I believe that if you strive for perfection too much, it will not go well, and that is not what presentations are all about.

From people who are not good at presentations and people who are not good at speaking, I have learned useful knowledge and have been greatly influenced.

I was able to get the top sales results every day, but when I started, I was depressed because I was not getting any results at all and thought that I would be forced to quit, or I tried to quit.

Still, I continued to train and came to be able to devise my own ideas.


If I follow Guppy's attitude, I would like you to enjoy your presentation and sales.

I want you to have fun too.

In such a case, a little technique or trick, such as pausing, can reduce the perception of weakness and make it a little easier.

After easy, I hope it will be easier and more fun in the future.

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ