Scallion cultivation record 1 | Vegetables for beginners

2023年4月8日土曜日

My diary

t f B! P L

The easiest vegetable to grow

Last summer, I tried Japanese mustard spinach as a beginner's cultivation, and I got a decent harvest, but I found a vegetable that is easier than Japanese mustard spinach, so I would like to introduce it.

Its name is Scallion!

It is like a thin green onion and can be used in the same way as thin green onions, such as adding it to ramen and miso soup.

I planted it in a planter in early September last year and watered it.

September 28th, 2022

After a while after planting the bulbs, green onion-like eyes appeared.

わけぎ栽培記録1|簡単で沢山収穫できる初心者向けの野菜

October 17th

40 days after planting the bulbs.

This area is the same as other vegetables.

It is said that it can be harvested at about 30 to 40 cm, so I will try it immediately.

わけぎ栽培記録1|簡単で沢山収穫できる初心者向けの野菜

I cut one bulb with scissors.

わけぎ栽培記録1|簡単で沢山収穫できる初心者向けの野菜

Try it in cooking.

This is what it looks like when engraved.

Is it exactly like a topping for a cup of ramen?

わけぎ栽培記録1|簡単で沢山収穫できる初心者向けの野菜

I will put it on the ramen.

わけぎ栽培記録1|簡単で沢山収穫できる初心者向けの野菜

Also chicken ramen.

わけぎ栽培記録1|簡単で沢山収穫できる初心者向けの野菜

Scallion is perfect for beginners

The good thing about scallions is that it is easy to grow, and you can harvest a lot.

It is true that leafy vegetables such as Japanese mustard spinach are easy to grow, but I had to be careful because they were eaten by insects and weakened when the buds were small.

On the other hand, because the Wakegi grows from the bulb, it will grow without danger until harvest.

Also, watering should be done when the soil dries, which is simple and hard to root rot.

In addition, they do not take the space as they grow straight lengthwise.

It is okay to plant more densely than Japanese mustard spinach.


It's my first time, but if I leave the bulbs, I can harvest many times.

I feel that this is the perfect vegetable for beginners.

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ