The Magnificent Century 4 | Review | the Ottoman Empire

2022年2月10日木曜日

Movie reviews

t f B! P L

The power to survive taught by cruelty

There is also a little spoiler

The other day, I finished watching The Magnificent Century 4.

" The Magnificent Century " Season 4 | Channel Ginga (ch-ginga.jp)

At first, I was just glancing at what my mother was watching, but gradually I was worried about the continuation, and from the middle stage I was watching with my mother at the same time.

My mother, who has been watching since Season 1, is amazing (^^;

A frank impression can be irreparable, but it is "a ruthless person wins."

I want to be merciful, and I want gentle people to succeed.

But in this drama, honest people are trapped, and merciful people are betrayed.

The only ones left are outrageous people.

Selim II, Nurbanu, Rüstem.

What exactly does this drama want to convey?

We can see that the intrigues are mentally cornered and suffering.

Since the lives of themselves and their children are threatened, it is natural for them to try to survive no matter what they do.

Even Hürrem is driving Mustafa to execution.

So, while revealing the lesson that bad things shouldn't be done, is it that the historical fact that such people have emerged cannot be distorted?

Of course, you have to look at it on the assumption that the dramatization is fully attached.

Mustafa and Bayezid are said to have been tailored to the person who caused the rebellion by a trick in the drama, but historically it seems that they have caused the rebellion as it is, and Ibrahim also knows in detail why he was actually executed.

At the end of Rüstem, it is designed to realize catharsis of viewers who believe in justice, but in reality, hydrocephalus seems to be the cause of death.

No, I feel that it was well connected because it was made that way.

I used Wikipedia as the source of information, but English is more detailed.

What I learned from this drama

One thing I would like to convey in this drama is that Islam is a religion that values ​​diversity.

Suleiman explains to Venetian merchants that the Ottoman Empire is prosperous because it accepts different ethnicities and religions.

Perhaps the creator had a desire to resolve the misunderstandings that the terrorist group that spoke Islam gave to the world.

My favorite character is Cihangir.

His suffering since Mustafa was executed and the depiction of his soul leaving the body and peacefully going to heaven are tearful.

My dad also had a bad heart and couldn't move like a normal person.

It makes me wonder if it would be sad for such a person to abandon his crippled body and get liberation.

That may be the power of religion that preaches the world after death.

Without the world after death, and without justice, I wouldn't think of Cihangir or Bayezid, who had all his sons killed.

In the present age when the law is in place and ethics are established to some extent, do you think of people who live correctly?

Or is it no match for those who are evil?

Was it the word of Christ to be as wise as a snake and as obedient as a dove?

I think it's difficult to live properly because the tricks were rampant even in such a Christian world.

It's a story from a long time ago in a distant country, and although my status is completely different, it was also a drama that made me feel a sense of intimacy that something like this might happen to us.

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ