4'33" - John Cage | Who can call silence is music

2021年11月17日水曜日

★Ablock Music reviews

t f B! P L

Study of John Cage 4'33"

Impression of 4’33”

I knew this music,

But This was the first time I saw it in the video from the beginning to the end.

I heard the sound of hitting something, rubbing clothes, and applause, probably from the audience.

I don't know how much to include, but I heard the sound of the performer pulling the chair and the noise of the microphone recording.

If you ask me, I could hear the noise in my room.

Discovered features

"Listening" means to expect the sound consciously.

On the other hand, "hear" means that the ear feels the sound.

What I felt from this music was that when I tried to listen to this music, what I used to do with "hear" changed to "listening".

For example, the noise generated during recording cannot be heard in the hall, so it can be said that the hall is a better environment.

However, if the audience is restless and noisy, it is better to listen with high-performance recording equipment and earphones.

In other words, I thought that an environment where you could listen to this music without noise could be interpreted as the most suitable for listening to music.

Why silence can be called music

Regarding whether this music can be called music, if the person who composed this music is the composer and the person who plays it is the performer, I think it can be called music.

To put it in more detail, it is a piano music, but it is not writing lyrics, a song, or a violin song.

The concept of "dare" is important there.

Only when you consciously stop your outstanding creativity and playing skills will it become a "tacet".

Also, let's say that the definition of music includes emotion.

Then, the listening skill and knowledge of the audience is also important to determine whether this music can be called music.

It is only when you listen to various kinds of music, learn about the history of music, and understand how the work was made in search of unique music, that you will be impressed and applauded.


Gustav Mahler and Symphony No.3-6 mvm. The people seek new euphoric objects. On the other hand, didn't he want to lose while abandoning his religion? Gustav Mahler Symphony No.3-6th movement "The times God lived again"

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ