Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

2022年9月17日土曜日

My diary

t f B! P L

Cultivation from seed for the first time started with skepticism

2022

Sunday, June 26th

After the amaryllis finished flowering, the fruit ripened, and the ovary split naturally to reveal the seeds.

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

If I leave it as it is, it will be blown away by the wind, so I collected it immediately.

Many sheets are piled up, and each seed is very thin and light like a dead leaf.

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

By the way, the Amaryllis, which used to bloom every year, usually died before it produced seeds.

This time, I think it was the reason for success that I have continued watering moderately even after the flowers finished blooming.

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

Sunday 3rd July

I sowed seeds for two fruits in a planter.

It's barely covered with soil.

It's about feeling.

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

I used this site as a reference for how to grow.

Amaryllis growing from seeds by 朝採-Sodarepo | Gardening for everyone's hobby (shuminoengei.jp)

From the record of the above person, I learned that the best germination rate is to collect the seeds as soon as they are formed and sow them immediately.

In addition, the above person is planting in the ground, and said, "The germination rate is better in the shade of plants and stones than in the place where the sun hits."

I was laying down the drainboard to cover the planter ↓

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

I bought it for 100 yen.

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to do it.

From July 4th to July 25th

I placed the planter in a place on the veranda that didn't get a lot of sun, and put a gridiron on top, so it didn't dry out very much, but I watered it about once every three days, depending on how dry the soil was.

It's an ordinary watering can.

There were two projects that made me very skeptical until they sprouted. One was that it was completely new to me.

And another was that I was told from my neighbor that it might not pollinated, and I thought that it might not germinate.

It's true that I confirmed on the aforementioned site that the seeds are thin, but I've never actually picked up the seeds, so when I was told that they weren't pollinated, they were originally a little thicker and swollen.

However, I had a theory in my mind that the ovary split was undoubtedly because the seeds had grown sufficiently, so I didn't completely give up.

Even if the seeds didn't work, I had a surplus of planters, and I was just watering them while I was doing other plants, so I kept a little motivation to give it a try.

And if it actually sprouted, I thought it would be meaningful to publish my own record, so I wrote a blog article.

It takes about 3 weeks to 1 month from sowing to germination.

Tuesday, July 26th

No matter how long I waited, the seeds never sprouted, and while I was trying to water them moderately, I confirmed the very first germination about 20 days after sowing, 23 days to be exact.

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

I'm glad to believe myself.

No, I can only say that I believed in it now, and it may be closer to saying "I was just doing it."

Among the proverbs about plants, the Bible says, "If faith is as small as a mustard seed," but in my case, "faith as thin as an amaryllis seed" was being tested.

A few days later, buds appeared one after another, and although the germination rate was not very high, I confirmed that about 5 seeds had germinated after a week.

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

Looking at it this way, I think that the germination rate is higher for the seedlings covered with a thin layer of soil than for the seedlings that are covered with little soil.

After buds appeared, I tried to lean the slats so as not to interfere with the leaves.

Cultivation record of Amaryllis | How long does it take from sowing to germination?

From the conclusion, it is better to wait a month from sowing to germination.

While savoring the joy of growing amaryllis from seeds, I will continue to cultivate with a little anxiety in my heart, such as "What should I do if I have a lot of amaryllis?"

*The last confirmed germination was around August 14th. 42 days after sowing.

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ