CoD DMZ Solo | For Completing the Mission; Storm the Stronghold

2022年11月29日火曜日

Game play

t f B! P L

Difficult like an old game

I finally completed the Call of Duty DMZ faction mission "Storm the Stronghold".

I'm filled with a sense of accomplishment and fatigue because of how brutally difficult the game was for me, who doesn't play games except solo, 

Storm the Stronghold Summary

Storm the Stronghold consists of three tasks.

  • Acquire a Stronghold Keycard
  • Clear a Stronghold of enemy combatants
  • Extract the White Lotus intel found on Stronghold guards

Here I will explain the situation at that time.

What you need for Storm the Stronghold

Stronghold Keycard

Above all else it will not start without this.

The strongholds are locked, so you need to obtain the [Stronghold Keycard] to open it.

There are three ways to obtain

  • Kill enemies and pick up dropped items
  • buy in shop
  • find in container

The probability that the enemy will drop it is probably random, and when it does not drop, it did not drop even if one unit was defeated. (Sorry if there are any conditions)

If you can't buy it at the shop, you need to go another shop or defeat the enemy until they drop.

Shops don't necessarily sell it either, some do, and some don't.

The price of the keycard is $5,000.

I only found it once in a container.

This is also a low probability, so it looks like it's better to hang it in the shop.

Frag, Semtex, and other grenades

Inside the strongholds are two soldiers with shields.

As you know the shields are able to shut out the damage, and they are hard to show their backs, so it was easiest to defeat them with grenades.

Assault Rifle/Submachine Gun

You can use any weapon you like, but since you're basically fighting in a room, an assault rifle or submachine gun would be safe.

Enemies will sometimes chase after the player and go outside, so it's also possible to escape to a place where it's easier to fight.

I try to have sniper rifles for NPCs.

I didn't use it when I cleared it, but it's an effective weapon for escaping outdoors or for safely defeating enemies you encounter along the way.

Luck

I can say that the reason I was able to clear it was mostly due to luck.

There seems to be several candidates for the location of the strongholds, and it changes subtly each time.

It's quite difficult if you hit a place with many enemies outside.

Also, if the structure of the building is complicated or unfamiliar, the difficulty will increase.

It may be a good idea to try several times to find a building that suits you and aim for it.

Flow until clearing Storm the Stronghold

Check the location of the stronghold and shop on the map

First, when the game starts, look at the map and check the location of the stronghold and shop.

If you buy the stronghold keycard, you have a higher chance of getting it, so it is premised on buying it at the shop.

Avoid locations with elite stronghold or enemy hideouts nearby.

CoD DMZ Solo | For Completing the Mission; Storm the Stronghold

I plan to sell the $5,000 at the shop and secure it.

However, there is no compensation for selling keycards at the shop, so it is better to check if the shop sells them first before saving money, and if so, collect the money.

It's $5,000, so if you scavenge nearby supplies, you'll usually save.

One thing to keep in mind is that there is a high possibility that the operator will stop by the shop.

I don't want to go too long; I think it's better to avoid fighting as much as possible while paying attention to footsteps.

If you really can't collect the money, I think it's safe to choose a contract called [Secure Nuclear Materials] to obtain nuclear fuel and sell it for $10,000.

Be careful around the perimeter of the stronghold

There may be enemies from different units on the perimeter of the stronghold.

Dealing with both the enemies inside the stronghold at once is quite tough, so it's best to clear the surrounding enemies first.

Watch out for the two shields inside the stronghold

CoD DMZ Solo | For Completing the Mission; Storm the Stronghold

The shield is strong against attacks from the front and moves so as not to show a week point.

If you run into one, it's better to keep your distance and see how it goes.

It doesn't matter if you go outside the stronghold.

However, if you plan to kill it with a grenade, it is easier to hit inside the building, so you need to judge accordingly.

They are inside buildings, so they are easy to get close to, and when they suddenly appeared and attacked melee, I was easily killed.

It's no match for shields.

Always keep your distance from them.

It also hurts plainly because they shoot a handgun while protecting themselves.

Remember to wear your armor so you don't die while throwing grenades.

Extract the White Lotus intel

Defeating enemies in the stronghold will drop an item called White Lotus intel.

Just entering the stronghold takes time, so be sure to check the items dropped by defeated enemies one by one and pick them up whenever you find them.

Focus on the enemy in front of you

As you know, storming a stronghold will make an announcement for other operators.

According to this theory, other operators may attack, so you need to finish quickly, but if "quick" becomes "impatient" and the enemy in the stronghold kills you, it will be the same. 

I think it's better to focus on the enemy in front of you with the mindset that if the operator comes, you can't help it.

Clear one task in one game if it is difficult

The three tasks that make up this mission, "Acquire a Stronghold Keycard", "Clear a Stronghold of enemy combatants", and "Extract the White Lotus intel found on Stronghold guards".

It doesn't have to be completed in one game.

Clear a Stronghold of enemy combatants should allow you to complete most of the other tasks, but even if other operators or nearby enemies fire at you and you unexpectedly leave, the mission will still be progressing.

A video that was cleared after trying many times and seizing the opportunity

I think I've tried about 30 times already.

Almost before going to the stronghold, I was killed by an NPC, and when I thought I got the card key, I encountered the operator and died.

As a result of tenaciously enduring for many days, I managed to clear the stronghold in a good position and the timing of contacting the enemy.

The video below is from that time.

However, my PC is not a gaming PC, so the image quality is poor, and my play is immature.

It may not be helpful, but please take a watch if you like.

What helped me stay motivated

I don't know if it's because I'm playing solo, or if it's a duo or trio, but I have the impression that I've encountered a game with a difficulty level rarely seen in recent years.

However, this is not something I hate.

Rather, it was one of the addictive elements.

but there was a time when I shouted in my heart, "It's the first mission, but it's too difficult!"

No matter how many times I try, I can't clear it, so I've been playing by inertia.

At that time, live streaming on YouTube by Otoja and Otsuichi encouraged me. 

There were some missions that were much easier than storm the stronghold, so I wanted to be able to do various things as soon as possible, so I was motivated again.

Games, especially those of major manufacturers, have become easier and more polite to explain in recent years because they incorporate the opinions of many users, but regarding this DMZ, the mercilessness of old games I can feel it.

Of course, the interpersonal element also raises the difficulty, but the NPC is also strong enough.

I think that even with prior knowledge, you will be able to get around well, so watching videos of people who are good at it on YouTube will be a shortcut to strategy.

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ