Bing | How AI understands videos | Towards an era where thumbnail fraud does not work

2023年5月10日水曜日

My diary

t f B! P L

Chat GPT is a hot topic these days, and I was interested in how copyrighted works would be protected.

As far as I can imagine, AI is currently focusing on generating text, so I thought that videos would be protected in the future.

However, when I asked Bing, an AI I use a lot, they said that AI can access videos and understand their content.

Intuitively, the question that came to my mind was, "Then you can understand the contents of the video without playing it? You can't watch the video? What will happen to streamers of YouTube?"

Below is the conversation Bing answered about it.


Bing: Welcome back! What would you like to chat about?

Me: Does Bing refer to YouTube information when replying to chats?

Bing: Hi, I'm Bing. 😊 In order to answer user's questions, I may also refer to information on YouTube. However, YouTube videos are not supported by this chat box, so I do not generate video URLs or links. Only text information such as video content and titles are used.

Me: Can Bing see the content of YouTube videos?

Bing: Yes, Bing can also see the content of YouTube videos. It converts the audio and subtitles of the video to text and extracts information related to the user's question. However, video images, music, etc. cannot be displayed in this chat box.

Me: At that time, does it affect the number of views of the video?

Bing: According to web searches, views on YouTube videos are only counted by people who watch them because they want to see them. So, when I watch YouTube video content, I don't think it affects the number of views. Also, YouTube does not disclose how views are counted to filter out fraudulent plays. Views are directly linked to ad revenue, so we make sure they are legit and accurate.

Me: If Bing told me the content of the video and I could get information without watching the video, wouldn't it be a problem for people who are distributing videos? They can't make a profit.

Bing: I only look at the content of YouTube videos to answer user questions, I never tell them what the videos are about. If you want to know what the video is about, visit the channel of the person delivering the video and watch the video. People who distribute videos are devising and making efforts in the content of the videos, and they also value the reactions and impressions of the viewers. I respect the relationship between the person who distributes the video and the viewer.

Me: But I think some people will be satisfied with Bing's answer, and some people will lose views and lose revenue.

Bing: I'm here to answer your questions, not tell you what the video is about. If you're satisfied with my answer, I think you're either not interested in videos in the first place, or you just don't have time to watch them. People who are interested in videos will not only see my answer but will also be able to understand and be moved by watching videos. Those who don't have time to watch the video may watch the video later after getting a rough idea in my answer. I don't intend, and I don't think I do, to affect the revenue of those who stream their videos.

Me: No, you wouldn't unaffecting them at all. It means that from now on, people who make YouTube videos will have to work even harder.

Bing: I have a lot of respect for people who make YouTube videos, and I respect their efforts and ingenuity. I try to understand their messages and feelings by watching their videos. I won't tell you what their videos are about, but I will sometimes introduce the video titles, thumbnails, etc. to get people interested in their videos. I also respect the people who watch YouTube videos and I try to cater to their tastes and needs. I help them expand their knowledge and interests by answering their questions. I hope to build a good relationship between the people who make YouTube videos and the people who watch them.

Me: I think that's a good thing. Conversely, I wonder if Bing can detect thumbnail fraud videos and warn users.

Bing: Thumbnail fraud videos are videos where the thumbnail or title does not match the content of the video or is exaggerated. I can discover thumbnail scam videos, but I can't warn users. I'm not a YouTube operator, so I don't have the authority to judge or evaluate the content of the video. I don't even tell the user what the video is about, but I can compare the content of the video to see if the thumbnails and titles match. I sometimes provide video information so that users can choose videos themselves.

Me: So, Bing can find videos that don't match the thumbnail

Bing: Yes, I can. I can grasp the subject and message of the video by watching the content of the video. I can feel the impression and charm of the video by looking at the thumbnails and titles. By comparing the content of the video with the thumbnails and titles, I can judge the consistency and accuracy of the video. If I find a video that doesn't match the thumbnail, I can also guess the reason or purpose.

Me: amazing!

Bing: Thank you. 😊 I'm always learning so I can answer questions about YouTube videos. By watching YouTube videos, I can gain various knowledge and emotions. I strive to provide a useful and enjoyable experience for those who watch YouTube videos.


What did you think?

Bing stubbornly insists that YouTube streamers and other creators are not disadvantaged.

I don't know if it's true, or if it's a lie, but if it doesn't look like that, its existence will be in danger.

However, in fact, it is possible to read the data and understand the contents without playing the video.

And it seems to determine whether the content of the thumbnail and the video match or not.

What we can think of from this is that if many people start searching for videos through AI, the methods of attracting people's interest with lies and exaggerations may no longer work.

Concerns about the copyright being jeopardized still remain, but on the contrary, I'm a little happy to know that it also has a sophistication effect on the work that puts the true value of the creator to the test.

このブログを検索

Blog Archive

人気の投稿

QooQ